Photo Blog Featuring:

Outdoor Travel, Adventure & Landscape Photography
www.michaelmalandra.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Elements of Nature - Hawaii & Beyond

Well, I finally put my Hawaii work together and am ready to open it to the public!  This new collection, along with some new black & white work will join my Elements of Nature series of new and old.  Both Maui and Kauai, in my opinion, have some of the most amazing beaches and terrain in the world.  I think I was able to capture this beauty at both sunrise and sunset on my last trip back in January.  After months of photo selection, editing and cropping I sent the photos over to my friend Keith at Glen Rock Digital Photo in Glen Rock, NJ last week.  He called me yesterday to let me know he had the large format prints ready.  Keith does some amazing work and when I got down to his shop I was totally taken back when he showed me my new prints.  I just dropped them off to Connie over at the Village Frame shop in Suffern, NY.  I can't wait to see the final product after Connie works her magic.  I'll have more than 15 new prints on display as well as many others in all sizes in print bins at the upcoming show.  

You're probably saying "alright, alright so when is the show!?"  The answer is...  Ready??  Saturday, November 26, of Thanksgiving weekend from 5 - 9pm at my Martial Arts School/Gallery in Suffern (see the post card below).  As always there will be plenty of wine, snacks and live music. 

My goal through my work is to continue to inspire people to jump out of their chair and travel our beautiful planet to experience the natural and adventurous world around them.  Whether that journey is to a far away distant place or right in your own backyard, natural beauty is all around us. All we have to do is just become aware of it.  Next time you drive to and from work take a moment look at the sky, look at the sunrise or sunset, look at how the clouds dance around and form all kinds of incredible shapes, look at the colors in the landscape around you.  I promise you'll be amazed if you keep your mind open and try to experience the moment without letting the crazy world distract you.  Doing this will give you a sense of calmness and help you to not "sweat" the small stuff in life.

Sue and I hope to see everyone in November.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.  Thank you again for all your support

No comments: