Photo Blog Featuring:

Outdoor Travel, Adventure & Landscape Photography
www.michaelmalandra.com

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to the Rain Forest

This coming Friday, Sue and I are escaping to the Islands of Maui and Kauai.  Heading to Maui first to run the Maui Half Marathon and then on to KauaiKauai is one of my favorite places it's populated with down to earth people who move on island time living in the moment and not rushing through the day just to make it to the next day just to start all over again.  While on this trip I plan to get a substantial body of work for an island exclusive gallery showing this spring.  One of our main hikes on Kauai we will be doing is to the wettest spot on earth, Mt. Wai'ale'ale.  We have hooked up with a hiking guide that will guide us through the lush canyon and into the base of the Blue Hole which is home to hundreds of waterfalls 3000 plus feet high.  I can only imagine what it's going to feel like to stand inside such a magical and for me spiritual place. 
I'll be updating some of our adventures around the island on FB while we're there and will also be posting many new photographs when we get back.  I also have a new toy called the GOPRO Video Cam so I'll be able to get some video footage of the amazing places we will journey to.  Thank you once again for all your support.  Stay tuned for some magical and breathtaking photos soon to come.
 

No comments: